Hello, I’m Krysta Whitney…
I’m a Registered Massage Therapist (RMT) with an active practice in Guelph, Ontario. In practising massage therapy since 1994, I have pursued advanced techniques such as Cranio Structural Integration and NISA certification.
What is Massage Therapy?
Massage therapy is the manipulation of the soft tissue of the body, including muscles, connective tissue, ligaments and joints. Massage therapy helps to alleviate the soft tissue discomfort associated with everyday and occupational stresses, muscular overuse and many chronic pain conditions. If implemented early enough after accident, trauma or injury, massage therapy can greatly reduce the development of painful muscular pattering.
Massage Therapy Can Help:
- inflammatory conditions such as arthritis and tendonitis, i.e.. tennis elbow, golfers elbow and carpal tunnel syndrome
- stress relief and associated conditions, i.e. high blood pressure, cardio vascular disease
- headaches, brain trauma and migraines
- muscle and related conditions such as spasms, strains and sprains
- back pain and sciatica
- repetitive soft tissue injury and over use injuries
- circulatory and respiratory conditions, i.e. cystic fibrosis, asthma
- pregnancy and post pregnancy support
- post surgical, post injury rehabilitation, ie. hip and knee replacement and surgery
- improve immune function
- a sense of well-being
What is NISA?
NISA, a style of massage therapy, stands for Neuromuscular Integration and Structural Alignment. Based on the works of Ida Rolf, it works to stretch, free, and soften the fascia in order to restore function to muscles and joints as the layers of fascia regain their elasticity.
Fascia is a sheet or broad band of fibrous connective tissue beneath the skin or around muscles and other organs of the body. It is interconnected throughout the body.
Fascia becomes distorted by trauma and long term physical and emotional holding patterns. It can become restricted by shortening, hardening, or adhering to underlying structures. This produces fascial distortion which may result in poor posture, restricted breathing, inability to move freely, chronic pain, and emotional imbalance.
Can Massage Therapy Help You?
Contact me to discuss Massage Therapy benefits in your particular circumstance.